YOU are the secret to winning elections.
Despite tens of thousands of dollars spent on multiple glossy mailers, radio advertising, brochures, etc., to promote the bond and incumbent trustees, the Lone Star College System $497 million bond failed on May 11th.
The election results exactly matched the positions taken by the Texas Patriots PAC on the bond and supported candidates. This is no coincidence. The May 11th election results show the power of grassroots organizing. The real story here is that the effort of regular folks walking their neighborhoods, calling voters to talk about the bond, and greeting voters at the polls all day long was more than enough to counter the expensive media blitz unleashed by the Lone Star College System.
THANK YOU to the many of you who took the effective actions below:
- Responded to Texas Patriots PAC call for volunteers
- Blockwalked in your own or another neighborhood with the Texas Patriots PAC voter guide
- Put signs out for a winning candidate or against the bond
- Wrote a letter to the editor of your local paper
- Commented online about other letters or news stories
- Emailed your family, friends, neighbors, or others you knew to vote against the bond or in support of winning candidates
- Joined our phonebank and called likely voters to tell them about the bond
- Called your own circle of friends and contacts to encourage them to oppose the bond
- Donated money to the Texas Patriots PAC or a winning candidate
- Worked hours in the parking lots of high-turnout polling locations handing out the Texas Patriots PAC voter guide
- YOU VOTED!
Those of you who took these actions are the heart and soul of the Texas Patriots PAC. Thank you!