Immigration reform as touted by President Obama would disregard the rule of law and allow many people who are here illegally to become citizens ahead of many others who are following the law. This is a good idea for the president as these new voters are thought to be future Democrat voters. If Texas swings blue with these new voters, the Democrats will have enough electoral votes (with California, New York, Illinois, etc.) to never lose the White House in the foreseeable future.
The Texas Solution, adopted at the last convention under protest from grassroots organizers, states that Texas will support a guest worker program. The proposal is actually a path to amnesty and with Texas' name on it, it'll sell nationally. Or, at least that is the thought.
The Texas Solution calls for:
- Securing the borders
- Modernizing the United States Social Security Card with more anti-counterfeiting technology
- Clarifying Section 1 of the 14th amendment to define birthright citizenship
- Create a Temporary Worker Program
Why push back?
- The border should be secured first. Under the "Texas Solution" we are likely to see this issue handled last, after compromise with the Democrats in defining amnesty/guest worker program.
- The platform does not contain anything about punishing employers who hire illegals.
- The financial burden on the American Taxpayer will be high. Current net fiscal cost per illegal household is about $14,387/year. Once legal status of any kind is acheived, it opens the door for more federal benefits, raising that number to about $29,000/year. Extrapolated out, the conservative estimate for the total net cost of granting amnesty is $6.3 trillion.
- If the Texas GOP adopts this platform, with built in amnesty under the guise of the guest worker program, it will provide incentive to national Republican leadership to push for the same in other states and in Congress. If Texas, the bastion for conservative states, is on board, then it must be good for conservatives! Right?
Get the word out. Tweet with the hashtag #SayNoToTXSolution,...